About the Company
ASAP Resources is a specialised recruitment agency with a speciality in headhunting and high-calibre recruitment strategies. We secure resources for a variety of clients in many industries on a global scale with a focus on building lasting relationships with all candidates and clients.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly analytical person with a knack for data analysis. Involving manipulation, modelling and being responsible for the understanding of inter-dependencies between various data sources and business processes involving data flow. The Data Engineer will also be involved in designing and building data management solutions. There will also be elements of integrating with data science tools allowing business users to visualise their data.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
• The configuration and implementation of our client at our various clients.
• Understand the business requirements of clients, the focus being the research and investment process of these Asset Managers.
• Construct end to end data service solutions
• Liaise and Interface with clients in a support role, providing 2nd Tier support and enhancement services
• Understand and manage the client’s data requirements, the data being specific to the financial markets.
• Contribute towards a team that develops, constructs, tests, and maintains architectures (such as data bases and large-scale processing systems)
• Ensure data architecture will support the requirements of the client’s business
• Employ a variety of languages and tools (e.g., scripting languages) to marry systems together
• Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
• Employ sophisticated analytics and statistical methods to prepare data for use in prescriptive modelling
• Automate work by using process flow tools
• Provide feedback to the Development team regarding new functionality and issue logging
• Creation of user interfaces allowing users to upload their own data
Technical Skills / Expertise
• Data analysis, modelling, and surfacing
• Data cleaning / Integrity checking
• Experience of creating reports using Excel or equivalent
• SQL, SSIS, database scripting (stored procedures, user defined functions, queries, triggers)
• Iterative testing including debugging and refactoring
• Constructing data queries by combining multiple data sources
• Present information using data visualization techniques (such as QlikView, PowerBI and Tableau)
• Experience of consuming APIs (advantageous)
• Some experience in a programming language (advantageous)
• Any sort of ETL or Data Warehousing knowledge (advantageous)
• Statistical languages (such as R and Matlab) (advantageous)
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
• Tertiary degree in BSc Computer Science, B.IT or Informatics related degrees, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Actuarial Science, or an Engineering degree.
• Understanding and working experience in data integration and transformation
The candidate will also need to have the following attributes
• A passion to learn and extend knowledge outside of the work sphere
• Good at problem solving (core to the role)
• The ability to self-manage and self-motivate
• The ability to communicate clearly with clients and the team
• Be a Team player
• Be adaptable
• Be able to efficiently and effectively plan and structure tasks
• Execute assignments against deadlines
• Thrive in an agile environment
• Information and technology services
• Asset management and financial services (distinct advantage)
FINANCIAL/Investment Asset Management is a must!