About the Company
ASAP Resources is a specialised recruitment agency with a speciality in headhunting and high-calibre recruitment strategies. We secure resources for a variety of clients in many industries on a global scale with a focus on building lasting relationships with all candidates and clients.
About the Role
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be working within a cross functional IT Operations team. Helping multiple teams with a focus on optimising deployment processes, testing, monitoring performance and cyber security as priorities.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Develops and maintains mission-critical information extraction, analysis, and management systems.
• Provides direct and responsive support for urgent analytic needs.
• Participates in architecture and software development activities.
• Uses open-source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within the project.
• Uses coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve a problem with a custom workflow.
• Collaborates with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem.
• 2 Years’ experience working in an IT technical support team.
• 1 Years’ experience with Public Cloud (Azure or AWS).
• 1 Years’ experience with Terraform, Ansible, Chef as part of building and releasing infrastructure as code.
• Familiarity with container orchestration services, especially Kubernetes and Terraform
• Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as Git, Jira, GitLab, or Jenkins
• Significant experience with Windows and Linux operating system environments
• Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as PowerShell or Python
• Demonstrated communication skills
• Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
• Process-oriented with great documentation skills
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
• Experience working on Linux based infrastructure
• Experience working on Azure
• Moderate understanding of Ruby, Python, Perl, and Java
• Configuration and managing databases such as MySQL, Mongo, PostgreSQL
• Working knowledge of various tools, open-source technologies, and cloud services