About the Company
ASAP Resources is a specialised recruitment agency with a speciality in headhunting and high-calibre recruitment strategies. We secure resources for a variety of clients in many industries on a global scale with a focus on building lasting relationships with all candidates and clients.
About the Role
The incumbent will form part of the management team and report to the Managing Director, with the focus being driving sales growth and new business development in the Pharmaceutical and Managed Care division. The South Africa business unit has an aggressive growth strategy in place and requires the development and maintenance of innovative initiatives that are service orientated and of a high standard.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage and direct the sales team in achieving sales targets in collaboration with the business teams of Customer Support, Professional Services, and Customer Success.
· Ensure effective use of the sales standard processes to execute and monitor new business sales.
· Prepare the annual sales business plan and execute effectively.
· Develop strategies and tactical plans to ensure all products reach new business sales target levels, plus ensure assurance that operational delivery of products and services are in line with customer expectations. Retaining full ownership from sale to fulfilment.
· Developing and implementing best in class new business acquisition strategies, as well as ensuring excellent operational execution of services sold.
· Ensuring the implementation of best practices using steering guides for the various business teams.
· Working cooperatively with Product Management, Order Processing, Services and Support, Data Analytics, and others from the company to be successful in reaching sales targets.
· Conducting capacity planning, managing budgets, and ensuring optimal resource utilisation and productivity.
· Setting of individual KPI’s and developing procedures to measure the capacity for staff relative to current and further activities and to ensure targets are achieved.
· Ensuring that sales staff are fully trained and equipped to effectively sell and effectively deliver applicable products, services, and solutions.
· Provides knowledge programs for staff ensuring they are fully equipped and skilled to perform their duties and put recognition and reward programs in place.
· The Head: Pharma & Managed Care is the company’s senior customer facing ambassador via the team on the front line, winning new customers for our client.
· 7 years’ management and leadership experience within sales in the healthcare industry.
· 3 years’ experience at senior management level.
· People management experience and exposure to managing teams remotely.
· Proven strategic and analytical thinker with good problem-solving capabilities, business acumen and a growth focus for profitable customer acquisition.
· An excellent communicator with the ability to translate innovative sales ideas and stretch growth potential for profitable customer acquisition and understandable concepts for the sales team.
· Willing to travel to customer sites to do onsite coaching and resolve customer issues face-to-face.
· In-depth understanding of the SA Healthcare market from Health Funder to Health Provider sectors, including all enablement 3rd parties in-between.
· Exposure to the eHealth business environment and associations with medical institutions.
· Previous experience in Ambulatory Information Systems business development such as Practice Management Systems, Electronic Health Record (Electronic Medical Record), eHealth, eScripting and eAdvertising products.
· Knowledge of applicable health regulations governing the healthcare sector.
· A positive and winning attitude, able to rise above challenges and overcome adversity in the business environment.
· Business and/or Healthcare tertiary qualifications an advantage.
· SAP business process system usage and knowledge an advantage.