About the Company
ASAP Resources is a specialised recruitment agency with a speciality in headhunting and high-calibre recruitment strategies. We secure resources for a variety of clients in many industries on a global scale with a focus on building lasting relationships with all candidates and clients.
About the Role
• Design test cases and perform testing of applications.
• Identify, document and track bugs.
• Perform re-testing when bugs are resolved.
• Perform regression testing when needed.
• Understanding of UI and backend testing.
• Perform initial analysis for technical issues and work closely with developers to reproduce and solve problems.
• Work within an Agile environment.
IT Service Delivery
· Completes Test Strategy and have a high-level understanding of all projects.
· Manages testing, including achievement of milestones and deliverables.
· Provides quality control and improvement of processes and outputs.
· Undertakes operational and technical aspects of processing information, data evaluation and analysis.
· Manages effective communication with all stakeholders.
· Keep all stakeholders updated on outcome of test execution results.
· Identifies impending risks that may compromise achievement of deliverables and initiates steps to mitigate risk.
· Builds and maintains relationships with relevant internal/external stakeholders.
· Understands the requirements and where applicable, liaise, communicates, and provides assistance.
Ensures SDLC Testing component is met.
Manages the testing component within agreed timetables.
Provides strategic direction, undertakes test planning, scopes the testing required, estimates the effort and duration of testing, and determines resource and environment requirements
· Contributes knowledge and expertise where required for peer review and to projects being undertaken by other business units.
What you will need to succeed:
· A Matric or Grade 12 equivalent and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Software testing a similar role, with an understanding of automation testing basic.
· Relevant tertiary qualification advantageous.
· ISTQB Foundation and Agile certification is advantageous.
· Object Orientated Programming knowledge advantageous.
· Software testing in banking and financial service industry experience- advantageous.
Experience and skills are required in the following
· Java coding
· Extent Reports
· Report Portal
· Locust Performance Tool
· Virtual Machines