About the Company
ASAP Resources is a specialised recruitment agency with a speciality in headhunting and high-calibre recruitment strategies. We secure resources for a variety of clients in many industries on a global scale with a focus on building lasting relationships with all candidates and clients.
About the Role
The role operates within a cross-functional, agile development team working across various technologies. The key responsibilities of this role will focus on creating and maintaining data solutions. This will include development activities such as the implementation of ETL processes, the creation of reports, ensuring high levels of data availability and integrity etc. We are therefore seeking an energetic and committed individual that is a self-starter and who works well independently as well within a team context. Your knowledge of, and experience in this area, together with your ability to learn new technologies, will be invaluable and of the utmost importance to help ensure progress and the successful implementation of these solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities (but not limited to)
· Design, develop, schedule, deploy and monitor data pipelines
· Optimize, improve, and validate data pipelines
· Design and deploy data table structures, forms, reports, and queries
· Produce ad-hoc queries and develop reports to support business needs
· Develop security aware cloud data solutions
· Process data into various storage formats such as Parquet, JSON, Avro
· Apply appropriate engines to data processing such as Graph, Relational, NoSQL
· Create and maintain technical documentation
· Help grow data marts and data warehouse
· Help inform and drive data architectures initiatives and strategies
· Engage with business representatives regarding data solution initiative
· Bachelor’s degree with a focus on data management (e.g., Information Systems, Statistics, Data Engineering)
· A minimum of 5 years' experience working as a data engineer utilizing visual pipeline designers such as SSIS, Talend, Informatica or Azure Data Factory
· A minimum of 2 years data engineering in a commercial cloud environment like Azure
· Advanced proficiency in the SQL language
· SQL Query optimization skills.
· Experience in at least two DBMS's such as Postgres, MySQL or MSSQL
· Experience in loading data from diverse sources
· Experience in the development, implementation and monitoring of ETL processes
· Experience in database administration, maintenance and optimization
· A sound understanding of data management principles including data quality assurance and data governance
· Experience in source code and version control systems
· Experience in master data management and the implementation and maintenance thereof
· Experience in the following is very advantageous:
· Experience in Azure data technologies
· Database administration
· Bash or PowerShell scripting
· Data Engineering certifications form Google, Azure or AWS.
· Demonstrated interest in the claims and healthcare IT space.