About the Company
ASAP Resources is a specialised recruitment agency with a speciality in headhunting and high-calibre recruitment strategies. We secure resources for a variety of clients in many industries on a global scale with a focus on building lasting relationships with all candidates and clients.
About the Role
• We are looking to recruit a Senior Support Engineer to be deployed on various product lines within the company. The position will primarily focus on supporting and maintaining custom applications.
• Your role is to take ownership of customer issues reported and see them through to resolution, including if these are later identified as bugs.
• You will also be required to perform effective Preventative maintenance by thorough inspection, detection and correction of incident failures either before they occur or before they develop into major defects. Your job description is not limited to the above.
• Due to the business-critical nature of the business, you may occasionally be required to work outside of normal working hours.
The following requirements are essential:
• IT Degree or Diploma
• 4 years working within the telecommunications industry.
• 4 years IT Support
• 4 years Workable knowledge of Linux
• 4 years Oracle, MySQL, Postgres DB Knowledge
• Networking experience
• Java/Web Service Support - Glassfish, Payara
The following requirements will be advantageous:
• Oracle APEX skills would be very beneficial
• Bash Scripting will be an advantage
• Able to use PL/SQL to retrieve data from ORACLE databases
• An understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
• Knowledge of Docker (Containers)/Kubernetes would be highly beneficial.
• Strong Problem-solving skills and accurate forecasting of effort required and closing timeframe.
• Respect and Valuing Diversity
• Multitasker, Self-motivated
• Trusting and honest
• Client/Customer Service Orientation
• Quality Assurance
• Attention to detail
• Interpersonal skills
• Solid Team player
• Commitment to team deliverables
• Cooperative, Harmonious
• Communication skills
• Well-groomed and professional
• Ability to work under pressure
• Working across highly complex environment with multiple business areas involved in the solution.
• Extended working hours will be required to support clientele, after hours deployments and escalated calls
• Own vehicle