About the Company
ASAP Resources is a specialised recruitment agency with a speciality in headhunting and high-calibre recruitment strategies. We secure resources for a variety of clients in many industries on a global scale with a focus on building lasting relationships with all candidates and clients.
About the Role
We are currently looking for a Senior Automation Quality Engineer
In this role, you will get to
· Lead a Test Team, including coaching and mentoring in an Agile Environment.
· Create automation testing scripts using in-house developed tools.
· Enhance automation test frameworks.
· Design test cases and perform testing of applications.
· Identify, document, and track bugs.
· Perform re-testing when bugs are resolved.
· Perform regression testing when needed.
· Understanding of UI and backend testing.
· Perform initial analysis for technical issues and work closely with developers to reproduce and solve problems.
· Work within an agile environment.
· Execute automation tests via Jenkins.
IT Service Delivery
· Completes Test Strategy and has a high-level understanding of all projects.
· Manages testing, including achievement of milestones and deliverables.
· Provides quality control and improvement of processes and outputs.
· Undertakes operational and technical aspects of processing information, data evaluation, and analysis.
· Manages effective communication with all stakeholders.
· Keep all stakeholders updated on the outcome of test execution results.
· Identifies any tools needed to meet testing deliverables.
· Identifies impending risks that may compromise the achievement of deliverables and initiates steps to mitigate risk.
· Builds and maintains relationships with relevant internal/external stakeholders.
· Understands the requirements and where applicable, liaises, communicates, and provides assistance.
· Ensures SDLC Testing component is met.
· Leads test team, including coaching and mentoring.
· Manages the testing component within agreed timetables.
· Provides strategic direction, undertakes test planning, scopes the testing required, estimates the effort and duration of testing, and determines resource and environment requirements.
· Contributes knowledge and expertise where required for peer review and to projects being undertaken by other business units.
What You Will Need to Succeed
· A Matric or Grade 12 equivalent and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role and must have built an automation test framework before.
· ISTQB Foundations certification.
· Relevant tertiary qualification advantageous.
· Agile certification is advantageous.
· Object Orientated Programming knowledge is advantageous.
Experience and skills are required in the following
· Test case creation, execution, and reporting
· Defect management
· Execute automation tests via Jenkins
· Regression Testing
· Functional Testing
· Smoke Testing
· Java coding
· Allure Reports
· Locust Performance Tool
· Virtual Machines
We encourage all candidates to read through the job description clearly and properly before applying and submitting your CV for perusal. We appreciate all submissions and will reply to each one as soon as possible.